Friday, May 21, 2010

Do You understand the words that are comin' outta my mouth?

I have had the luxury of witnessing a new cultural phenomenon called " Im nodding yes but dont hear a fucking thing you're saying"
People have gotten so obsessed with whatever it is that is happening in their simple minds that they ignore the basic communication that occurs day to day, minute to minute.
When someone is speaking to you, listen. If you can hear them speaking to you in the same language that you typically communicate to other human beings with, acknowledge it, Listen to it and give them the respect due and answer them. Answer them with an intelligent, planned thought.
"Good afternoon, we have Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite and water."
"Umm.....I'll take a Mr. Pibb"
"FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I believe that we offered you something other than what you just asked for.
If there is a 10' banner flying or hanging gently from an overhang above the patio that says "ALMOST" or "SOON"...or even has a Grande Opening Date of May 21st 2010,DO NOT, I repeat do not come in and ask, "When you gonna be open?"
Or come in and act shocked and say......."Oh, you're not open"
Even, "when ya'll gonna be open?"
Take a look around, put your fucking cell phone away. Use your damn brain, If there is a ladder you must side step to get in the front door. Chances are were not open for burrito's. If there isnt paint on the wall but there IS 6 sweaty, cursing construction workers frolicking about. Chances are were not fucking open.
Tuck your "wife beater" into your bathing suit while filling out a job application.
Speak intelligently.
If youre a bum or a crack head, please dont use the "Im 6 bucks short" routine on me more than one time. I will spit in your face. And PLEASE dont panhandle in front of me after I built a restaurant from scratch and gave you the opportunity to fill one of 22 available spots. It burns my ass......

No comments:

Post a Comment